What to do when Government files contain inaccurate information.

What do you do when your Freedom of Information request is completed and when you read the files you found remarks or information on a file which were not correct?

You are allowed request the FOI officer who supplied you the file make notations on the file that the information it contains is not correct.

(You would need to discuss this matter with the FOI officer about how you go about this type of correction of facts. The file cannot be changes or altered. But a notation can be added to show what the information may not be correct.)

This page is maintained by

The Rivermouth Action Group Inc

E-mail: activist@rag.org.au

as a community service.